PROBLEMS1. The slow speed of the accounting program.
2. Unstable internet connection.
3. Huge resolution time to problems when they arise.
4. A huge number of roles on one physical server, which led to a halt in all the activities of the company while troubleshooting one of the services on a server.
5. Users had administrator privilages on theis PCs, which led to all sort of problems in OS.
6. The lack print server, so the office employee could not send the print to a printer in warehouse.
7. Lack of enterprice level network equipment. All switches and routers are home use.
SOLUTIONS1. New server hardware has been purchased according to customer needs. NVMe SSD High Speed Solid State Drives Installed.
2. A virtualization environment has been introduced for optimal use of server resources and separation of roles at the virtual server level, which has increased the stability of services.
3. Implementation of Domain services infrastructure, which finally allowed to administer “by hand”.
4. The introduction of an automatic archiving system at the virtual machine level has increased the resiliency of critical services.
5. Office, warehouse and shops are combined into a single network space using VPN.
6. Warehouse implemented seamless Wi-Fi roaming for the convenience of using wireless barcode scanners.
7. Installation and setup of Mikrotik professional equipment.
8. Servicing computers with SLA
RESULTDue to the described changes in the IT infrastructure, the following results were achieved:
1. Operational speed of accounting software "1C" has been increased.
2. The efficiency of changes in the company has grown 5 times due to the use of a domain infrastructure.
3. The number of calls to the technical support was reduced three times.
4. Downtime was reduced significantly by isolating business applications at the virtual server level.
5. Optimized work due to a single network printing space in the company.
6. After all the changes, an agreement was signed for an IT outsourcing service. This desicion allowed to reduce IT operating costs by 20% and increase business efficiency.
PROBLEMS1. Cables are not organized in the server cabinet. The cable system is not numbered.
2. Slow performance of the terminal server from thin clients.
3. Network scanning and printing did not work due to outdated equipment.
4. On all computers, users had administrator rights.
5. No backup was configured for critical data.
6. The speed of the local network is 10 times lower than the possible 1000 Mbps due to the use of the FastEthernet switch.
SOLUTIONS1. Server hardware was updated.
2. A schedule has been agreed to replace obsolete printing devices and BlindScaner client-server solution has been used as a temporary solution.
3. Implemented Active Directory Domain Services to centralize resource management.
4. Mikrotik CRS125-24G-1S-RM Layer 3 switch purchased and configured.
5. Backup system has been implemented using free software.
6. Cable system has been reorganized and numbered for comfortable support.
7. Server OS has been optimized.
8. A contract was signed for IT outsourcing service.
RESULT1. Downtime in the work of employees was reduced by 3 times.
2. LAN speed increased 10 times.
3. Recovery of critical information is carried out within 2-3 hours.
4. High availability of critical infrastructure components due to backup system.
5. Problems with network printing and copying have been reduced due to a workaround, but not completely resolved. The solution is only possible after replacing obsolete equipment completely.
6. The level of security and stability has been increased by implementing of domain infrastructure.
PROBLEMS1. Archiving of company-critical information was not performed, which could lead to complete or partial data loss.
2. Regular computer used by the user was also used as the file server, which affected the performance and data security.
3. Slow work of computers and laptops in the company.
4. An unstable Internet connection through the mobile 4G modem. Used 2 separate devices in different cabinets. There was no single network space between computers.
5. Backup procedure of accounting DB was done manually.
6. The structured cabling system in the building remained from the past tenant and did not function properly.
7. There was no telephony system.
8. All users had elevated accounts.
SOLUTIONS1. A network storage is installed with automatic scheduled data archiving.
2. All computers and laptops have SSD disks installed as the main ones. Users were over the moon, because of computers performance.
3. Restored structured cabling system. As a central router Mikrotik 125-24G-1S-RMhas been installed. Wi-Fi roaming is organized in the office, which made it possible to combine all computers into a single network space.
4. An ISP has been changed to the one that uses wired connection technology.
5. The telephony system is organized based on the Panasonic analogue PBX.
RESULT1. By implementing Archiving system of critical information, the level of information security is enhanced.
2. The stability and speed of computers has increased several times.
3. Failures in the software were halved, because the list of allowed software is strictly regulated by management and employees do not have the right to install programs on their PCs.
4. The data flow speed between employees has been increased due to computer’s hardware upgrade and the optimization of the exchange of information, so all computers are now in a single network.
5. The work of departments has been optimized due to the implemented telephony system.
PROBLEMS1. On all computers, users have full admin rights, which allows them to install any soft, that leads to system instability.
2. No Backup for critical company data.
3. The use of computer resources is not optimized, since the same software for working with one database is installed on each computer.
4. There is no redundancy of power for critical company equipment.
5. There is no single point of administration of client computers in the form of a domain controller with the number of computers over 30 PCs.
6. Internet connection periodically goes down.
7. Problem solving take a long time as the freelance IT specialist solved them only during a visit to the company’s office.
8. The absence of any documentation on IT infrastructure in the company.
SOLUTIONS1. Server equipment was purchased to consolidate the company's business applications and ensure reliable data storage.
2. The domain infrastructure was implemented in the company, which allowed to accelerate change implementation process within the company and increase the stability of the IT infrastructure as a whole.
3. Configured Remote Desktop Services on the server using RemoteApp technology for accounting 1C software, which allowed to unload employees' computers.
4. UPS has been purchased to ensure stable operation of critical equipment.
5. The optimal Internet provider was selected to meet the needs of the business, and the backup of the Internet channel was configured using 4G wireless technology when the main one is down.
RESULTBecause of the changes made to the customer’s infrastructure, the following results were achieved.
1. Critical company data is protected. And data recovery in case of corruption takes several hours ..
2. Installing new network printer of scanner is a piece of cake now, due to domain infrastructure and the use of group policies.
3. Internet connection availability, due to reservation of the Internet channel is now 99%.
4. An agreement was signed on IT outsourcing services, which allowed to reduce IT infrastructure maintenance costs by 22%. Now the time to resolve problems is strictly regulated by the SLA service level agreement.